New Brunswick Cybersecurity Companies Rule the KIRA Awards
Last night, New Brunswick celebrated some of the most innovative companies in the province at the sold out 19th annual KIRA Awards. During the high-energy, networking and entertainment-packed event, eight awards were handed out, and cybersecurity was the dominant focus.
1. Of the eight awards issued last night Bulletproof took home the award for Economic Impact through Innovation.
Bulletproof, a New Brunswick-based company is also the first company to become a Cyber Essentials Canada certifying body.
2. Reinforcing New Brunswick as Canada’s Epicentre for Cybersecurity, EhEye Inc. took home two awards: Most Promising Startup and Innovation through Technology.
With profound changes coming to our connected cities with respect to public safety & security, EhEye specializes in the automated detection of objects, persons, activities and behaviours of interest within streaming video.
3. The University of New Brunswick’s Institute of Biomedical Engineering was recognized as the Innovation Champion. One of the top five biomedical institutes in the world, this institute continues to be a world-class leader in innovation.
4. Soricimed Biopharma Inc. of Moncton took home the Award for Most Innovative Product or Service.
5. Finally, the Premier’s Award for Innovation – Private Sector was taken home by Northern Hardwoods Research Institute Inc. and,
The Premier’s Award for Innovation – Public Sector was given to Integrated Service Delivery for Children and Youth.
6. And, back by popular demand, the People’s Choice Award determined on the spot was awarded to Bulletproof!
Congratulations to all 2017 finalists and KIRA Award winners! For more information on the KIRAs, the finalists and winners, be sure to visit www.kiraawards.com.