12 Great Cybersecurity Resources To Help Protect Your Business
Did you know that cyber-attack fallout could cost the global economy $3 trillion by 2020? With cybersecurity a huge focus for Opportunities NB (ONB) and the province of New Brunswick, we decided to curate a list of cybersecurity resources we think you can leverage to help protect yourself and your business. You don’t want to be the next C-Suite executive to lose their job over security blunders.
Before we get into our own curated resources, Dr. Natalia Stakhanova, the NB Innovation Research Chair in Cybersecurity and Sandy Bird, IBM Fellow and CTO of IBM Security Systems Division, offered their top picks to bookmark:
Dr. Stakhanova’s Cybersecurity Blog Picks:
1. KrebsonSecurity – Brian Krebs worked as a reporter for The Washington Post, and has authored more than 1,300 blog posts for the Security Fix blog as well as hundreds of stories for WashingtonPost.com.
2. Schneier on Security – Bruce Schneier is an internationally renowned security technologist, and has been called a “security guru” by The Economist.
Sandy Bird’s Cybersecurity Blog Picks:
3. Security Intelligence – Brought to you by IBM, this site brings together a number of information security professionals sharing a variety of up-to-date posts.
4. Dark Reading – This Information Week resource is a news site full of commentary and security news.
Assorted cybersecurity resources:
5. Naked Security – Naked Security is Sophos’ award-winning threat news room, giving you news, opinion, advice and research on computer security issues and the latest internet threats.
6. Dr. Eric Cole’s Blog – Dr. Cole is a leading computer security expert with over 20 years of experience.
7. ThreatPost – Threatpost “aggregates content from existing online sources and combines this with unique viewpoints to generate a broader public discourse on timely IT security issues.”
8. Security Watch – Brian Honan is recognized internationally as an expert in the field of information security and has worked with numerous partners in both the private sector and public sectors in Ireland, the United Kingdom, and elsewhere in Europe.
9. IT Security Guru – A great blog publishing daily breaking news and interviews with thought leaders in IT security.
10. Cyberark Blog – Cyberark is a security company that “proactively stops the most advanced cyber threats – those that exploit insider privileges to attack the heart of the enterprise.”
11. Wired’s Threat Level – Wired is a well-established digital destination and its Threat Level category is full of great cybersecurity content.
12. Dan Kaminsky’s Blog – Dan is Founder and Chief Scientist at White Ops.
Want to learn more about cybersecurity and how New Brunswick is advancing the cause? Click the button below to connect with an ONB Business Development Executive.