Webinar: ONB and The TCS – Your Partners for International Success
Last Thursday, Opportunities NB (ONB) hosted its inaugural export webinar with Kathryn Aleong, Atlantic Regional Director and Senior Trade Commissioner for Global Affairs Canada and the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service (TCS).
ONB will be hosting monthly webinars that focus on:
- Export education and learning – featuring industry partners and subject matter experts.
- Various thought leaders ready to share their tips and advice for success based on their proven track records.
The goal of ONB webinars is to provide a forum for our clients to gain insight and information they can use in their day-to-day planning and operations.
Kathryn Aleong is a Canadian Foreign Service officer with a specialty in international trade. Half of her career with Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada has been spent serving Canada in its diplomatic missions abroad.
Kathryn discussed how Canadian businesses can leverage the Trade Commissioners of Canada to:
- Determine whether they are internationally competitive
- Decide on a target market
- Collect market and industry information
- Enhance their international business strategies to export, invest, and innovate
Webinar participants were also introduced to the new CanExport program launched at the beginning of the new year.
Kathryn’s slide presentation is embedded here and the full webinar recording is available (including the Q&A session that followed her presentation) at the button below.
As one last resource here is the complete TCS contact list for the Atlantic Region.